Alarm monitoring companies are all different. What can be more important having confidence that your family or business and possessions are protected every minute of every day?
Security monitoring companies use a wide range of very specialized computer systems and dedicated phone lines. Alarm monitoring employees should be highly trained professionals who can respond in event of any emergency. The fee you pay each month to monitor your alarm reflects the degree of high-tech equipment and training.
Houston has a wide choice of alarm monitoring companies. Some have been in business a very long time; others are start-ups. So how do Houstonians choose a reliable security monitoring firm with experience from hundreds of options?
Alarm Monitoring Companies – Tips For Choosing A Houston Provider
We all know about asking family, neighbors, and friends about the company they use for security monitoring. Your insurance company may be able to make recommendations. Once you have made your list of security companies, there are specific questions to ask. Trustworthy alarm monitoring companies welcome your questions and are able to answer with detailed information about their monitoring service.
When you are interviewing an alarm monitoring company, ask:
- How long the company has been in business in Houston. The longer a company has been established, the easier it is to check references and the performance of the company. The longer the company has been in business, the more extensive its experience.
- Where the company’s monitoring center is located. Is the center in Houston, or elsewhere? The advantage local monitoring gives is the close relationships built between your security monitoring company and the police department, the fire department, and medical responders.
- If the company uses Underwriters Laboratory (UL) rated equipment. Both the equipment in your home and in the monitoring center should carry this safety testing and certification.
- If your security alarm will be monitored 24/7, 365 days per year. Equally important, ask if customer service/support is available around the clock. You might need customer service, especially in the early days if you forget how to set or deactivate your alarm.
- What the company’s response average time to emergencies is and verify the response times with your police department.
- About the employees’ training program. Are employees required to stay current on latest technologies and monitoring procedures?
- About the screening process used when hiring monitoring staff. What background checks are used and how far the checks go back. Do the background profiles cover all states, or just Texas?
- If the company has a backup monitoring center.
- What equipment and/or procedures are in place in event of power loss or equipment failure.
- Is the company is a member of any alarm associations. If so, which ones? Alarm associations are responsible for promoting the security industry standards that keep you and your possessions safe.
Safeguard Home Security has been a local Houston security and alarm monitoring company for over 40 years. All employees undergo an extensive FBI background check before employment. All staff members receive extensive training. If you are looking for a trustworthy Houston security alarm monitoring company for your home or business, look no further than Safeguard Home Security. Give us a call at (832) 469-4054.